If you have someone in your life that loves all things spicy and you can’t get them to eat anything but Flaming Hot Cheetos, this recipe is worth a shot. This is the perfect recipe for someone that loves a little kick and crunch in their food, but doesn’t love eating veggies raw.
A bonus to this recipe is half of the ingredients are in this week’s Produce Box (10/26-10/30).
PS: It’s not too late to order!
Each produce box (PS: It’s not too late to order!) contains jalapeño peppers, cilantro and red onion. All you need additionally is some cheese, cream cheese and seasonings to make this delicious dish.
Continue reading Recipe: Baked Jalapeño Poppers
Labor Day weekend demands Kabobs! This week’s box plus a few pantry staples will have you feeling happy & healthy.
- 8 Cups Vegetables including Onions, *Mushrooms, *Peppers, *Zucchini, *Corn, *Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
*Indicates items in 8/3/20 boxes
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Wash and chop all veggies into bite sized pieces.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large Ziplock bag. Add in veggies and allow to marinate 4 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally. (If you are pressed for time, you can just toss and let sit 15 minutes but longer is better).
- Thread the veggies onto skewers.
- Preheat grill to medium and grill skewers 10 minutes or until done.